Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (SPOILERS)



First and foremost, I have never been a Prince of Persia fan. This is actually the first POP I've ever laid my hands on. And Ubisoft does not disappoint.


Alright, story-wise, I think POP can be better. The plot was a little cliche; the hero's brother messed up, unleashed an ancient evil that threatened to destroy everything, hero joined forces with a good Djinn, you know the drill. But still, I did enjoy the conflict the hero had in determining about his beloved brother's fate. So all in all, the story's not so bad, but it gets boring at some point.


The gameplay however got me hooked up from the start. I finished this game in like two and a half days. I could have finished it earlier but then I do have a life from sitting in front of the screen hours and hours. Playing this game is just like playing Assassins' Creed, taking into account that I had never played this game before so I didn't really know how it was back before Assassins' Creed. I like the platform very much, the scenery and sand-filled atmosphere. I really loved the prince's ability in jumping from one building to another with ease, that is until my tired fingers got the better of me and he fell to his doom more than once. At first it was all easy, then came the multi-tasking of controlling time and freezing water and memory control. Those parts got me grinding my teeth with frustration. I think I might as well have died more than a thousand times when I didn't time my jump properly. I am not a very patient person so that sort of cost me a lot of rewind and game over throughout the game. Not to mention the traps all over the dungeon... O-M-G...


But I pulled it off despite the noob that I am. hehehheeheheh


The final boss battle was entertaining actually. I know it's quite easy any five years old could have killed the boss without sweat. But I really enjoyed all the jumping from flying buildings and demonic birds amidst the whirlwind of sands and raging monster Djinn. If you asked me, the enemies were not that all a challenge here. Compared to the series of tasks I need to do to get to one place from another, the enemies are incredulously easy. I just swing my sword around and I'm all clear for the next level. And things got incredibly easy when Razia became my sword. Seriously. 20 enemies with one swing. That's very convenient you know. 


I'll give this game 3 out of 4 stars. It's an enjoyable game, definitely a treat when I need a break from heavy stuffs. 

Comments

Post a Comment