Samsara


A spiritual love-story set in the majestic landscape of Ladakh, Himalayas. Samsara is a quest; one man's struggle to find spiritual Enlightenment by renouncing the world. And one woman's struggle to keep her enlightened love and life in the world. But their destiny turns, twists and comes to a surprise ending.

I stumble upon the trailer to this movie on youtube, and got so interested in it I downloaded it. Besides, I cannot resist the beautiful score on the trailer. I'm a huge sucker when it comes to sad instrumental...

So, this movie runs about 2 hours and 19 minutes. I spent my whole evening locked up in my room watching this movie on my laptop. 

This is certainly one of the most gorgeous movie I had ever watched in my life. At first I thought this was going to be the usual spiritual enlightenment in Buddhism, but then it has that strange and sad twist to it which reduced into tears and deep thinking afterwards.

The main character is a confused Buddhist monk by the name of Tashi whose curiosity about the worldly life questions about his supposed enlightenment. He didn't understand about the whole enlightenment stuffs because, I guessed, he was not happy with his monk life. He felt in order to really learn about enlightenment and the pathway to Buddha is by partaking in a worldly life. But in the end, even when he seems to come to an understanding of letting go of his desires, he ended up hurting Pema, his wife.

I won't give much here. I think it is only fair one should experience him/herself the beauty of this movie. 

Apart from the story, I loved watching the way the people in Ladakh, Himalaya practice their simple living. It is a very peaceful life I gotta say, and one I would love to have if given the chance. The actors and actresses also give strong performance. I especially loved Christy Chung who plays as Pema, she's exceptional! Shawn Ku is great at portraying Tashi too. He gives off the aura of a young unsure man very well. The landscapes are breathtaking and the soundtracks are awesome just like I'd thought it would be. 

Now, I won't just recommend this movie to anyone. It contains some heavy sex scenes. Nothing offensive actually, only a bit too passionate for the young minds. 

I give this movie 4 out of 4. 

For more information on this movie, click here.

Trailer for the movie


Comments