What I've Been Doing Lately~

I have been gaming for the entire weekend and I am loving it!

So, this Sunday I went to 1Borneo ('cause the only places where I can find good games are either at Karamunsing or 1B, and since my mom is not fond with Karamunsing...), and I spent like RM80+ on a few games... Crazy for some people who don't really understand it, but it's worthwhile for me. BSW is the only game shop I trust my money with, and I admit the prices are not cheap, but not expensive either considering some shops I've been (RM20 for a disc, now that's expensive). There are other shops with cheaper prices (RM5-8 for example) but I had my fair share of losing money to games which don't even function properly and these shops don't usually give receipts or assurance for returned payment. Now, in my dictionary, a stuff that worth a sum of money but give me satisfaction is better than a stuff that worth a lil' bit of money but offers little or nothing at all. 

Enough rant and onto the good stuffs. 

OK. I bought 5 games; Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The First Templar, L.A. Noire, Mind Jack and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I haven't played all of them so I'll just write down my review, or not a review, my opinion about the ones I've already played.

1. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Sadly my Xbox doesn't have the online system, so I thought at first I won't be able to play this DLC for the RDR game. Then I stumble upon this at the shop. I was like "Oh yeah!" and bought it immediately. 

I played it in about a day and a half, or two days? I lost count. This is such an enjoyable game; crazy, hilarious and monstrously violence. There's not a minute of boredom in this game. And cowboys against zombies! Now that's something that should have been made into a movie. 

John Marston is lovable as always. I love it how he can still crack some jokes despite all the zombie calamities striking everywhere he goes. I would love to meet a guy like him. He practically throw his life into the line whenever his family got into trouble. Now that's the kind of guy I'll marry. Ha ha! My favorite parts are when he was checking out zombies' bodies and discover disgusting things or picking up undead eyeballs or severed feets to make into blunderbuss ammo. He would sometimes say "Abigail, Jack... Things I do for you..." 

LOL.. Oh John...

And man! That first zombie cutscenes with Abigail and Jack was hilarious. John tying his zombified wife and son, and then gave them some words before going to his perilous journey crack me up. 

John: Jack, you be good to your mother.
Jack: GraaGrrrhhhhh
John: Abi, teach the boy right from wrong.
Abigail: Grrrgrrrroaaaaaahhh!!

Rofl xD

But the zombies were crazy! I thought they'd be like the Resident Evil zombies; slow and retarded. Not fast and smart; I mean, they dragged me from my horse, gang-up and beat the crap out of me. Damn, these zombies mean business. And they have species, great huh... Another cool thing about Undead Nightmare is the horse. The apocalyptic horses are eerily cool. And I can work them out without having to worry about their stamina. 

All in all, this is one heck of a game. I love it to bits.

2. The First Templar

I'm not keen on "Templars" because of the real history factor (yeah, I'm a history whore, so be it). But since I can handle the fact of playing Assassins' Creed which also relies heavily on dark plots in human histories and present, I guessed I'll give this game a try.

The story is good in my opinion; about a bunch of templar guys on a mission of retrieving the Holy Grail. Graphics are not superb but graphic is never a big issue for me, so I will say this game still look very gorgeous to me. Battle system is satisfying enough to keep me addicted.

But this addiction does not last very long though. The puzzles are okay, the characters are okay although I thought of them to be a bit flat, conversations are fine... But somehow I feel it is a little boring. Maybe it's just me. I had to put this game down halfway 'cause at some point I fell asleep during playing.

This brings me to the third game.

3. L.A. Noire

When I first heard of this game, the mystery-loving-fangirl in me sprang up to life at an instant. I always love mysteries, and while detective movies are not actually my favorite, I'm really curious and excited about this game. So I was very happy when 1B BSW had this game. 

I played this for two to three days. I got really addicted with all the cases. And to think that Team Bondi went out all their way to make this as believable as possible by including all the facial expression of the characters. This is a really outstanding game. 

I love everything in L.A. Noire; the 40s, 50s setting, with the re-invention of the city and its people, landmarks and everything, fashion, music, and the cars! I never admire the beauty of any modern cars in my whole life, but then these antique cars got me drooling. They're pure beauties! The intricate design and coloring... Damn, such beautiful cars only exist in museum these days...

I enjoyed the story and suspense very much. And the characters are superb. Cole Phelps is likeable but I do find myself disliking him sometimes. Maybe I'm like Jack Kelso; I just "hate his guts". But then I come to understand his character and grew attached to him. Not as attached as I am to John Marston, but he's very complex. He has this charisma which you can either understand or not. You grow both sympathetic and angry at him. I think if I  am to pick a character in L.A. Noire to represent my feelings, I'll go with Jack Kelso. I mean, Jack Kelso is so my man there... He's very honest about himself, and courageous. 

Another astonishing aspect about this game is that it address issues like corruption and drug-trafficking. I love it very much since it relate to the reality of life. There's not much game out there who puts sense into its need of violence. Rather than just randomly shooting people for no purpose, this game offers heavy reality. Guns are strictly for self-defense, and shooting only happens when there are crimes. 

So, L.A. Noire is one of those games which I take very seriously in term of story and gameplay. It's highly addicting and satisfactory. 

Two games down, three more left. But I'm gonna spend some time with a dA request this weekend though. Finally, holiday is as it is. 

Happy blogging everyone.

Comments

  1. Disc 2 L.a Noire awak ok ke? kat saya freeze la.. x boleh main.. dah beli banyak copy dah but still disc 2 x boleh main.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ DinslacCk Jangan beli copy baru lagi! begini awak buat, awak main ja tu disc 2, kalau stuck, tutup xbox dlu baru on balik, then play second time cuba ubah pattern permainanmu untuk trigger interaction yang berbeza... works for me, I've beaten the game that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment