Spending Time with My Old Playstation 2

A bit irritating, but still entertaining

Ever since I changed my gaming preference to Xbox360, I hadn't touched my ps2 for almost three years now. But just recently, I picked ps2 up again when I saw my sister playing Clock Tower 3. Our ps2 was very old since my brother got it 7 or 8 years ago. It was amazing how this little console could withstand the 'torture' inflicted upon it by my sisters and me, since the three of us were crazy about this console some times ago. Sometimes I played games on it for 8 hours straight, especially when I was still high with the Silent Hill series. 


One of my favorites

Playing ps2 games again brought back nostalgic feelings, what's with the ps2 graphic and sometimes cheesy cutscenes provided by old games never failed to entertain me. I enjoyed Clock Tower 3 very much, and actually managed to beat the game for less than two days. I suddenly realized how much I missed playing survival horror games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame and such. Games that made me scream my lungs out despite the low graphic quality. 

Simply unforgettable


For me, most ps2 games that I had played offered engaging story-line and realistic, believable atmosphere. Instead of focusing too much on pretty graphics and extravagant effects, ps2 games had always give more than those. Clock Tower 3 for instance might not had the best gameplay, but the story was superb and the direction was neat. 


Other ps2 games I'd picked up again were Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil 4, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Silent Hill 2. Although my works had been piling up since I started my last semester, I still try to find some time for this hobby, just to enjoy leisure gaming, and gorgeous stories. 



Comments

  1. menggamit kenangan.. haha.. ko sdh main metal gear solid collection HD ka..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belum lg, sy antar tu xbox kesayangan p kedai ari tu, mw update sm repair, ada problem ari tu.. blm lg sy p amik blk... praktikal kan, kesibukan yg teramat sngat...huhuhu tp tu game sda ada dlm collection, tinggal mw di main lg...

      Delete

Post a Comment