Books and More Books!

To start of my real blogging focus, I will share with you about one of my biggest obsessions in life; books. Books are one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world. It is a form of escapism, of pleasure, and of knowledge. I can spend my time reading books without getting tired or bored hours and hours (given the book have good writing and engaging story that is). Mind you, I have my fair share of reading rather bad written books (ahemtwilightahem). I'm not going to talk much here since this is my first real blogging, but let me start off by showing some of the books that are in my possession :)



Now, moving on to details;



My Harry Potter series- I had the first book until the sixth book, I read the seventh book which belonged to a friend. Here's the thing, I removed the "no touchie me stuffs" policy when I gave my sisters access to my books. I wanted them to read some good literature... But then when I got back from college, I found out some of my Harry Potter books had disappeared. I was furious with them, but that was it. I never found my books again. That made me a sad little puppy...

The Hardy Boys series- I only had three of them. I was not really that big of a fan of the Hardy Boys.


The Enid Blyton series *heart* I read these when I was still a small girl. Love them to bits.


My all time favorite vampire book- Bram Stoker's Dracula!


The Lord of the Rings- only got the first and the second book though.


Memoirs of a Geisha- bought this at Labuan. I recommend this to anyone who'd loved to know a thing or two about geisha.


These are some of the books that I'd just recently read. The best of all of these was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (no snapshot cause the book is with Iko now.. hehe).

I would buy any books that attract my attention (but the ones that I heard with really good writing- to avoid mistakes like you-know-which-book-I’m-talking-about) I'd like to keep some reading stock in case I got bored or need an idea or something. These are the books which I haven't had the time to read yet;


Yesterday on 21 April 2011, the Harris Bookstore at 1Borneo held a Members Day day. Try imagining the smile on my face when I see all the low prices on the usually expensive books! This impulsive passion towards books is bound to make my bank account empty one day. I don't really need a new book, but I thought "Hey, chances like these are hard to come by!" So, i grabbed anything that caught my attention, and I was damn happy when I found Middlesex was also on discount sale. I've been searching for it for months already.


All of these only cost me RM65… Ahhh, the joy *insert goofy grin*


In an effort to make my sister read better books (than the one her school's library provided), I brought these three. She's 18, but I'm not going to give her any heavy YA stuff yet. She doesn't have time to read much now, she's taking her SPM this year.


I can't wait for my four months holiday to read all of these *.*

Comments